Wednesday 24 April 2019

Quiet Reserved Beauty

I was seeking the "quiet" because these pictures were taken over the Easter holidays, when most places seem to turn into raucous Easter Egg hunting-grounds. And "reserved" because I was generally in, or on my way to, various local nature reserves. So here is the quiet, reserved beauty of a small part of the English spring.


The gentle charm of blossoming apple trees.


A drunken path winds through the trees.


Inquisitive residents of a small meadow,
 through which runs an old path;
the way to church in times past.


Butterflies explore their world.
I think this is a male Green-Veined White.


Tulips provide a colourful treat.


Woodland shadow-play.


Happy ponies in the hay.


Between meadows stand
a gate and a footbridge.


Guard duty.


Eager new shoots crowd around mother's feet.


And if you go down to the woods today
you might just find...

A Speckled Wood butterfly.

Well, what did you expect?
The Teddy Bears' Picnic?



Take care.




26 comments:

  1. Such a perfect post, especially the woodland shadows and the guard goose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So perfect, it's hard to believe it's real and not a storybook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant, nice touch at the end

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely walk, John, and I am pleased that you managed to find solitude and beauty away from the frenetic Easter egg hunts. You description of the path as drunken is evocative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the guard goose and the drunken path. What a great post, your photos show the beauty you see and share.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely walk and beautiful photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. So Lush!! Gr8 Shots!!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looooove everything about this post John. The drunken footpath is a delight as is the teddy bear picnic sculpture at the end.. and everything in-between as well 💙

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great scenery, as usual! You found a lot of great things to photograph!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John - perfect description for a delightful and so appropriate post ... brilliant - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Intoxicated by the exquisite beauty of the apple blossom, I walked with tipsy steps through the winding green tunnel to find the reserved, relaxing beauty of the countryside. Thanks for sharing.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your beautiful photos are a feast for the eyes this morning. I love the drunken path - I'd love to walk along it:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your pictures in this post are so lovely. I'd love to take a walk in the British countryside this morning. I really miss my homeland when I see apple blossom, and the cooked path through the woods. And Teddy Bear's Picnic is my all time favourite song. Now I shall be humming it all day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Even an early butterfly. Beauty, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful photos. The leaf shadows on the tree trunk is so lovely. A sweet teddy bear pic too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The guard duty operator certainly takes things seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Some real photographic treats here, John! Love the drunken path, the tulips, and the shadow-play. Heck, I like them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you, John, for an interesting and entertaining post. Pictures are lovely, too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That guard duck is hilarious! Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely spring photos. Even though I've lived through well over 60 spring seasons, I still feel thrilled each year to see the blossom.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I could sure use a day like this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I'll try to answer any questions via a comment or e-mail within the next day or two (no hard questions, please!).