Thursday 16 June 2011

Meldreth Motorbike Show

The annual bike show, organised by The Royston And District Motorcycle Club, was held at the Riding School at Meldreth this week. Last year it raised over £10,000 for Meldreth Manor, a school and home for young people with severe physical and learning difficulties (and the place where I work). It also raised a similar amount for the East Anglian Air Ambulance service.


The weather was not so kind this year - a grey, drizzly evening - but that didn't stop bikers turning up in numbers. Just a few photos to give you a taste of the event.








A motorbike built for two....





All rather distant from my usual subject matter, I know, but the motorbiking community do a lot of good work at the school - bringing Easter eggs and Christmas goodies to our young people as well as raising this huge amount of money for charity every year.

Take care, whether on bikes or not.

5 comments:

  1. An excellent set of photos, giving a good feel for this event. Love the reflections. Good for them, doing such great work for the school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool!!! I'm a big fan of motorcycles and their owners. I hope one day to have my own, but that's very far off in my future, I know. We have groups over here that do alot for our veterans of different wars. A worthy cause if ever I've heard! Glad it was a success, John.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bikers do a great job. Last year there were so many queueing up to come in that the police asked that they be let in immediately, without taking their money at the gate. Having parked their bikes they all seemed to come back to pay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really good turn out of bikes and bikers - good for them for rallying to such an excellent cause.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I'll try to answer any questions via a comment or e-mail within the next day or two (no hard questions, please!).