Sunday 5 June 2011

As I Was Going To Strawberry Fair....

Cambridge's "Strawberry Fair" started in 1974 - I know 'cos I woz there!  A few local bands played for free, which was the thing to do in those days, after all The Stones had just played  Hyde Park. There were a few fire-eaters, jugglers, clowns and tightrope walkers, a guy selling vegetarian food and I suppose there was a bar. And it's still going and it's still free - it's changed a bit and grown a lot, haven't we all.















Take care.

6 comments:

  1. That looks like a lot of fun - hope you had a good time:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific - it's good when 'traditions' begin and continue. I don't see many strawberries though. You were probably wise to photograph that security guy from the back rather than the front!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors you captured! It looks like alot of fun, many things to see and do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for kind comments. I think KarmaSuiticals is just brilliant as a name for a stall selling "hippie gear".

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful vibrant fair! Were there strawberries to be found at "Strawberry Fair"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think people watching would have been the best entertainment of all. And I laughed out loud at Karmasuiticals!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I'll try to answer any questions via a comment or e-mail within the next day or two (no hard questions, please!).