Sunday 2 June 2019

Strawberries, Wigwams And Flying Pigs.

A few of the sights as I wandered around Strawberry Fair, 
a free but huge festival put on "by the people of Cambridge, for the people of Cambridge". 
It would be impolite not to go.

Everything was relaxed and colourful on a perfect June afternoon.



Plenty of things to buy - but no hard sell.



Afrika Simpson,
on the Street Performers Stage



A parasol would be a useful purchase
for a warm afternoon.


Matt Woosey
on the Flying Pig Stage.


I know he's coming to the UK
but surely he won't be coming to Strawberry Fair...


….even to see 
Miss Roberts of the Rude Mechanicals.
Like nothing you've ever heard before.


Wigwam people.


The Cambridge Community Circus
was flying high!

And a few pics of perennial crowd-pleasers,
The Big 10














Take care.


15 comments:

  1. I tend to get a little claustrophobic at events like this. I spend so much time alone or with just a few other people doing field work that the press of people and the noise level seems a little too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lovely...as if it's mid summer already! Hope you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun and very colorful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great day out. Lovely parasols, it looks as if they would have been useful on such a sunny day:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great place for a wander and a listen! You have such interesting festivals there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that looks like a great festival to go to

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun! I absolutely would have had to buy one of those fantastical multi-colored parasols!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love festivals and that looks like a fun one to go to.
    Great photos, John.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your shot of the aerialist is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John - looks to be so much fun ... and can see Cambridge being great for these outdoor events - all the fun of the fair. Love the photos - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Already the name of the festival sounds fun. This certainly is a colourful and happy event. And I too find the parasols wonderful.
    Thank you for your comment today. I very much hope to see the Cambridge Botanical Gardens one day. From your photos I have the idea it's bigger and with more "natural" woodland areas than the Oxford one (that is complemented by the Arboretum). :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks great fun. I found my insides smiling more and more as I went down the page. I wish I needed a parasol. (Though in their deep colours they might be even better if they were waterproof umbrellas.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like lots of fun John. The Big 10 are good, love Ska music, so lively and who doesn't love a bit of brass 😊

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks like a great day out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I'll try to answer any questions via a comment or e-mail within the next day or two (no hard questions, please!).