Saturday 21 April 2012

Singing In The Rain

"If the rain comes they run and hide their heads.
They might as well be dead.
If the rain comes, if the rain comes"

"Raindrops keep fallin' on my head
But that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turnin' red"


"I'm just sitting watching flowers in the rain
Feel the power of the rain keeping me good"


"I only wanted 2 see u laughing in the purple rain"


"Let the stormy clouds chase
Everyone from the place
Come on with the rain
I've a smile on my face"


"Lay back and groove on a rainy day."


"Rain please tell me now does that seem fair
For her to steal my heart away when she don't care"


"I set fire to the rain, watched it pour as I touched your face"


"You and me and rain on the roof
Caught up in a summer shower"


"Now that it's raining more than ever
Know that we'll still have each other
You can stand under my umbrella
You can stand under my umbrella"


"It's many a dark and cloudy morning
Turns out to be a bright and sunny day"

Well, how many song lyrics did you recognise?
Take care.


10 comments:

  1. Some but not all John but the lovely pics cheered me up no end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eight John! What a delightfully clever post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This last picture is absolutely delightful. Ah HOME it calls to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job, John, even if I did miss most of the lyric sets. The photo essay is really something special, but that first has to be a still from a British murder mystery comedy film.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love every one of these rainy day images John. I know the songs, but only because I looked at tomorrows post first haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some great images especially the last one. I've had enough of the rain I'm afraid so I shall just 'Lay back and groove on a rainy day' {:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have got such an incredible "eye," John. I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful pictures to go with your snippets of song, John.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yup. Raining here too. It obviously rains a lot - to inspire all those songs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rain and songs, almost jubilant. I'm sure there are gardeners all over the area doing a song and dance next to their banned hosepipes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I'll try to answer any questions via a comment or e-mail within the next day or two (no hard questions, please!).