Wednesday, 29 June 2016

Nimble Young Uns Overtake Grumpy Old Uns

Just as I'm planning this year's trip to the Traditional Music Day at Stowmarket, I notice that the video I shot there last year has now received more "hits" than my previous most popular video. That it has achieved this in a mere 9 months is surely more to the credit of the musicians involved than to my niftiness with the camera. All I had to do was sit still with the camera resting on my knee, which was difficult enough in the face of such toe-tapping music!




Orlaith MacAuliffe (flute), Brogan MacAuliffe (concertina) and Darren Breslin (button accordion) are surely three of the finest young musicians around, as you can judge for yourself....


Of course 2,263 views might not mean 2,263 different viewers - it could just be one desperate musician trying to learn all the notes, if so then good luck with that!

And who have they overtaken? The Old Glory Molly Dancers, that's who....

 

Take care.





11 comments:

  1. Definitely foot stomping music. The Traditional Music Day event must be fun and very popular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fun! Enjoy this year's festivities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that girl must have really good lungs to play the flute that fast. great music.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both delightful to watch and listen to John and I do ahree with Felicia about the flute player.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta be good to overtake the Old Glory Molly Dancers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's easy to see the roots of old time American folk music in this video here. Have a marvelous time at the festival,

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no idea how you managed to keep the camera still while you listened to this - they are really great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sure is toe tapping stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I remember the Old Glory molly Dancers John, they were fun to watch 😃 Well done on the no toe tapping while filming I wasn't so successful watching 😃

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting and entertaining, John. I took the opportunity to watch a few of your old dancing posts as well, - good exercise and companionship I'm sure, in these groups.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of these videos are pretty fabulous. I don't see things like that around here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I'll try to answer any questions via a comment or e-mail within the next day or two (no hard questions, please!).