Wednesday 10 August 2011

The Age Of Steam At Bressingham

The narrow gauge railway around the garden brings you back to the engine sheds....


....to see his big brothers...



Has any little boy not wanted to stand on the footplate?


The inquisitive might enjoy a peek into the Royal Carriage...


....or perhaps into the Royal Mail coach which collected the mail overnight, and where it was sorted...


Outside there's a signal box...


....just like the one where my uncle was signalman when I was a lad. One day he let me help him pull the levers....


How about a ride on the carousel...


....beautiful painted horses....


....age not a barrier....


Take care (don't fall off the horse!)


4 comments:

  1. What a lovely tour - I think every little boy and girl loves the thrill of a train!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your last shot of the older man on the carousel horse... loved it...oh I said that already! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love riding the carousels!! We have one in the next county, and every time I see it...I have to ride it. And, I'm like the older gentleman in the picture...no bench for me, I want a horse. Except mine has to be all white! Loved the post, John. Thanks for the train pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to take a peek inside that elegant royal carriage - how lovely to see the gentleman taking a spin on the carrousel - I'm sure it put a smile on his face!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I'll try to answer any questions via a comment or e-mail within the next day or two (no hard questions, please!).