Saturday 18 June 2011

A Postcard From Far Away



Just one last photograph from my recent visit to Wells-Next-The-Sea. While I was prowling around taking the photos which featured in the posts published on the 2nd and 3rd of this month I noticed a small art exhibition. When I'd taken all the photos I wanted, I couldn't resist poking my head around the door to see what was on show. Lots of bright cheery images of the coast - waves, boats, beaches, harbours.

When I got back I tried to manipulate one of my photos into something like their paintings. Don't ask me how I arrived at this effect, I just tinkered with it till it looked right to me.

I don't usually like to overdo the special effects but just once in a while it is rather fun. Just for a bit more fun here's another colourful coastal image.


Take care.

6 comments:

  1. How smart and talented you are, John! I love the pictures and the colors in them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your tinkering served you well - the colours in the pastel are delightful. Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like these - especially the pastel scene. It's fun to play at the processing stage, and takes photography one step further as a creative hobby. I can't wait to retire!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty! It is very creative and looks like a painting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all. It certainly adds lots of artistic potential to photography, but it also adds to the time I spend doodling around on the laptop. As you say retirement seems to be the only answer, but I'll probably be just as busy then!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I'll try to answer any questions via a comment or e-mail within the next day or two (no hard questions, please!).